Skip to main content

Get into Podcasts - it is worth it!

Get into Podcasts - it is worth it!

Being a bit of a geek, I always presume every one with a smart phone is into podcasts.
I still meet people that are not sure if it is for them.
The answer is a resounding YES! Pick your three favourite topics and go exploring.

My tips are iOS centric, but for most of these you can find them on any platform you prefer.

Here are the my top 10:

1. Tim Ferris Show
He interviews top performers and dissects how they do what they do.
Definitely worth digging through his back catalogue.

2. Freakonomics
Economists view of the world....if you read the books this is just as good.

3. Nutrition Diva (part of the Quick and Dirty Tips Group)

4. Get Fit Guy (part of the Quick and Dirty Tips Group)

5. Autoblog

6. DNews (Video)

7. Risk
People telling traumatic stories in public for the first time.
Some are super dodgy, some are nerve racking. Not for the family!

8. Zestology

9. How Stuff works group
> I don't listen to all of these all the time, but I suffer from FOMO so I check what the subject is first.

10. Driven Car Reviews (Video)

Apps:
Apple's built in app is decent enough.
I find these settings work well:
Settings > Podcasts
Notifications > Off
Mobile Data > Off (saves data - won't stream)
Sync Podcasts > On
Only Download on Wi-Fi > On
Refresh every 6 hours
Limit Episodes 2 most recent (optional if you find one Like Tim Ferris where it is all good!)
Download Episodes Only New
Delete Played Episodes > On

I use Downcast:
Honourable mention to:
Stitcher:
Overcast:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog